Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message: "invalid command line argument" while lodaing itunes

I'm trying to load Itunes onto a computer that already has a version of itunes on it. I get a message that says "error: -1639 invalid command line argument" Does anyone know what this means? Does this mean I can't load itunes onto a computer that already has itunes on it?

Also, I was able to load itunes on my laptop, but My ipod Icon is not appearing anywhere, not in itunes, not in explorer, not in my computer. I am, however, able to transfer music automatically when I plug the Ipod into the laptop. I have created several playlists and they have transferred over to the ipod as playlists. Any ideas why I can transfer despite not being recognized anywhere on the computer?

Last thing is, I have plugged the Ipod into three different computers with itunes on them, and the ipod does not show up in the source list.

I'm somewhat perplexed by all of this. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated

Dell Windows XP Pro

Posted on May 9, 2006 6:04 PM

2 replies

May 12, 2006 7:28 PM in response to tigger58

hiya!

"error: -1639 invalid command line argument"

hmmm. folks typically only get that error if they are installing from removable media (such as a CD), although i have seen it happen if someone tries to install into the "recovery partition" of certain makes of PC.

if you download and save an installer to your C drive and run the install from there, do you still get the 1639?

iTunes 6.0.4.2 Installer

love, b

error message: "invalid command line argument" while lodaing itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.