Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Powerpoint

Pro with OSX.8.2

My wife purchased a Ppoint presentation which we'd like to be able to play on our Macs. It's a folder containing a ppt and a bunch of wmv media files. I can play the ppt in OpenOffice but the videos won't play. Same story in Google Drive. If I buy Keynote will I be able to play these videos? Thanks.

jor

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:05 PM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2013 5:13 AM in response to jortucson

Thanks to you both. I did d/l flip4mac; haven't tried vlc yet. Anyhow, if I click on the wmv files they will, indeed, play but they still don't play within the ppoint presentation. In other words, a number of files have an icon to click which is supposed to link to the appropriate wmv file but they don't work. Clicking on them just advances to the next slide. Is there any way get the videos to play as they are designed. My wife paid $25 for this presentation and I sure would like for it to work! Thanks.

jor

Just thought of something. Are you saying that if I am using Keynote (instead of OpenOffice) and have either flip4mac or vlc installed, that the wmv files will play?

Jan 28, 2013 6:03 AM in response to jortucson

they still don't play within the ppoint presentation.

The link to the video files have been broken, you will have to re-establish the links by:

Open the ppt file in Open Office, go through each slide thats supposed to have video in it; select the video then delete it from each slide. Replace the video content in each slide in Open Office by: Insert > Movie and Sound then navigate to the video file.

Are you saying that if I am using Keynote (instead of OpenOffice) and have either flip4mac or vlc installed, that the wmv files will play?

Whether you use Keynote, Open Office, Powerpoint or Qicktime, the WMV files will not play unless Flip4Mac is installed.

WMV files require the Flip4Mac Codec to be installed to enable play.

Applications dont provide the CODEC, Flip4Mac provides the CODEC

MS Powerpoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.