Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 stuck at recovery mode. Can't recover, unknown error (2001).

I've upgraded my 3GS to an iPhone 5 about 3 weeks back, and I was resonably happy with the 6.0.1 installed.

After upgrading to 6.0.2, the battery in my iPhone 5 began to drain and could only last for a maximum of 4-5 hours. I've tried it all, tweaking the settings to conserve power, even tried some solutions posted on other forums, restoring back to factory settings, doing a soft reset, hard reset, even tried redownloading the iOS 6.0.2 and I think the worst just happened 😟 ...

Battery died (cuz I'm out of power right.)

Charged it to Apple's USB power outlet.

Stuck at Apple boot logo, wouldn't proceed but instead it tries booting again, and again, and again....

So I tried a hard reset, and put it into DFU mode, hopefully it will be stable again after recovery.

Plug my iPhone back to my Mac OSX 10.8.2, iTunes tries to unpack the OS and attempts the restore...

Instead, it's now stuck at the recovery mode, and iTunes gives me, "The iPhone cannot be restored. an unknown error occured (2001)."

And then, the iPhone attempts to restart, goes back to connect to iTunes mode (DFU) and the cycle then repeat itself again.

Any of you guys having the same issue? I can't seem to find a fix anywhere 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:28 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2013 2:39 AM in response to MichaelT22

I've sent it in to my local telco to get a replacement because I simply can't find another way around it.

Has anyone tried with the new iOS update to 6.1.0? Let me know if it works. I'm still waiting for a replacement from Maxis (Apple's Authorised iPhone after sales support here in Malaysia).

They have a stupid policy of waiting up to 2 weeks before I get a replacement. At the meantime, Maxis just expects me to be phone-less for 2 whole week although they have prepared back-up iPhone5 stocks for a 1on1 exchange. Their reason: Oh, we cannot read your IMEI no, we need to send it back to the distributor.

This frustrates and furiates me. Why can't Apple Malaysia be more professional about it like how it's done in U.S.?

Gahhhhhhhh....

iPhone 5 stuck at recovery mode. Can't recover, unknown error (2001).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.