Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes, on my PC, is responding very slowly.

I just updated downloaded and installed iTunes 11.0.1 on my Windows XP professional PC and all seems OK until I try to access iTunes Store or attempt to turn on Home Sharing or try to do anything where iTunes has to connect to Apple. It takes forever to respond to a mouse click and then all you see is the candy cane line which never stops even after 30 minutes. Has anyone experienced this? I have uninstalled and re-installed and that does not appear to clear up the problem. Simultaneous attempts to access internet web pages appear to work fine, so the problem is not with the internet connection.

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 12:30 PM

It takes forever to respond to a mouse click and then all you see is the candy cane line which never stops even after 30 minutes.

With those symptoms, I'd try the following document:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

(If there's a SpeedBit LSP showing up in Autoruns, it's usually best to just uninstall your SpeedBit Video Accelerator.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2013 12:30 PM in response to Lulu-G

It takes forever to respond to a mouse click and then all you see is the candy cane line which never stops even after 30 minutes.

With those symptoms, I'd try the following document:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

(If there's a SpeedBit LSP showing up in Autoruns, it's usually best to just uninstall your SpeedBit Video Accelerator.)

iTunes, on my PC, is responding very slowly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.