Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need antiVirus software on my iPad?

Do I need anti Virus software on my iPad? Is there an antivirus software available if applicable? I watch very carefully what I open on my e-mails but recently opened one of those e-mails that had a Facebook Friend' name. Closed and deleted it immediately when I recognized it wasn't real but I realize damage could have been done. Nothing has happened. I did change passwords after that. Again, nothing bad seems to have happened. Thanks for any answers.

Dan

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:50 PM

No, you don't.

(75409)

4 replies

Jan 27, 2013 7:52 PM in response to DanSomerville

Viruses, in the common defintion, don't run on the iPad, so you should be fine there. Even if the mail was infected, the bad code is literally speaking a langauge the iPad won't understand.

But even if viruses won't run on the ipad, you can still fall for phishing mails, so you need to practice internet common sense and take care where and when you enter your personal data.

Do I need antiVirus software on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.