Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert only certain songs to 128k?

My music collection has outgrown my 120 GB iPod classic. I know it can convert songs to 128k but is there anyway to select what songs get converted or let it run then stop it in the middle of the process?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 8:41 PM

2 replies

Jan 28, 2013 2:03 AM in response to Tyler Routson

I suppose there might be a way to do this, but surely, after a while, you'll be spending a lot of time determining whether a song is already at 128Kbps, or can you save further space by changing it to 128K?

Have you thought about Syncing only selected Playlists to your iPod?

In other words, instead of Syncing all your music to the iPod, use the Sync only selected Playlists option.This would then enable you to put music into various Playlists and Sync only those. Fancy a change? Remove one Playlist (with music choice A in it) and replace it with another Playlist with music choice B in it.

Convert only certain songs to 128k?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.