Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use my wireless Apple mouse with my IPAD mini I managed to use the wireless keybord??

How can i use my wireless apple mouse with IPAD mini.. I am able to use the wireless keyboard ?

iPad 2, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 4:24 AM

11 replies

Jan 28, 2013 5:02 AM in response to Ahmed eltigani

The iPad is not a laptop. The iPad is a touch device. Third party Bluetooth keyboards work to replace the iPad's built-in touch screen keyboard.

There is no software mouse cursor built into the iPad. So, there there is no mouse because the mouse can't control something that isn't on the screen such as a mouse cursor.

If you wanted a touch screen interface with keyboard and mouse control, you should have bought a MacBook Air laptop.

Aug 1, 2015 9:06 AM in response to Ahmed eltigani

Many people are using iPads for work these days. All 500 of our employees were issued iPads with bluetooth keyboards for work. The apps we use require a lot of moving around the screen. Having a mouse rather than constantly touching the screen would be efficient in our case. The best explanation I've seen for this question has been that it is not designed to work this way. It makes sense, but we all know that this function could be designed into it pretty easily (yes, it could :-)). I have a personal MacBook Pro, but I wouldn't want to lug it around to the 12 meetings I have every week. For now, we're stuck with repetitive screen touches in little fields with fat fingers ;-). 1st world problems.

How can I use my wireless Apple mouse with my IPAD mini I managed to use the wireless keybord??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.