Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1 Beta 5 Error

I have the iPod touch 5th generation and it was running iOS 6.1 beta 4. That beta expired, and so I went on to the Dev. Center to download Beta 5 to try and upgrade. Once it downloaded, I extracted the ipsw from the .dmg and attemped to update from that .ipsw by using option+update in iTunes. It fails with "The Device is not eligible for the requested build" error. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having this problem?

iPod touch

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 5:31 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2013 7:11 AM in response to nick_luebbering

Having the same issue with the same device. I wound up having to downgrade to 6.01 (via recovery mode), just to keep the device running. Unfortunately, this means I can't restore my settings from iCloud, until 6.1b5 works.

I had no problem updating my 4th gen iPod. But no matter what I try, I can't get the 5th gen iPod .ipsw (I made sure I'm using the right file for the device) to install without this error.

Wish I had a solution for you. I suspect it may mean Apple posting a new version of the file, for those of us who can't install it.

iOS 6.1 Beta 5 Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.