Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"SHOW FONTS" button NOT dissapears with some title selections?

Re: Titles- Why does the "SHOW FONTS" button dissapears with some title selections? It is there in the upper left of the window where you make titles, but after making some titles it won't show again? The only info that might be helpful is that the button seems not to appear on the titles that have fonts other than the default offerings. But I have no idea how they were assigned those odd fonts. I believed I was only selecting from those default fonts. Thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 6:54 AM

There are certain titles that do not allow you to edit the Fonts. You can’t change the style of some animated titles, such as Pixie Dust and Lens Flare, or themed titles, which are represented by gold title bars.

Interestingly, if you have Final Cut Pro X, you can edit these titles, including the fonts, but not in iMovie.

For more see this portion of Help.

http://help.apple.com/imovie/#mov3a621837

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2013 6:54 AM in response to karenfred

There are certain titles that do not allow you to edit the Fonts. You can’t change the style of some animated titles, such as Pixie Dust and Lens Flare, or themed titles, which are represented by gold title bars.

Interestingly, if you have Final Cut Pro X, you can edit these titles, including the fonts, but not in iMovie.

For more see this portion of Help.

http://help.apple.com/imovie/#mov3a621837

Jan 28, 2013 8:33 AM in response to AppleMan1958

Thanks much! Fabulous hints about the Gold Bar! and the Final Cut Pro. I do have an older copy of FCP. So If i really need to edit them maybe this version will work!

BTW - that leads me to another question. I'm disappointed to find that iMovie has limitations on the magnification / zoom of the Ken Burns effect on stills. Would FCP allow you extreme closeup starts and finishes too? Again, many thanks!

"SHOW FONTS" button NOT dissapears with some title selections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.