Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth MacBook Pro - iPhone4 issue!

Hi and tnxs for reading.

I have a MacBook Pro and a iPhone4. I'd like to connect both devices via Bluetooth to share the MacBook Lan Internet connection but there is no way of doing it.

I have no problem with the iPad2, iPad3, iPhone3GS, but with the iPhone4, after the bluetooth setup is established, I get the error "Cannot connect to MacBook Pro, device not supported"...

Any help please?

Tnxs

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 8:35 AM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2013 7:58 AM in response to Jet787

Hello Everyone,

I just want to add some more information. This used to work a few months ago (before this last iOS release). I have used my iPhone 4 as a hot spot, and connected to my macbook pro via bluetooth and it worked just fine. Now it does not work. I personally believe it is a glitch in the iOS release that only affected the iPhone4. There are numerous other issues that this has caused (one example is the bluetooth connectivity on the micoach product). However, since the iPhone 4 is the bottom of the totem pole, I would not expect a fix. From reading around the internet (all of which is true by the way), things are just fine on the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 with the new iOS and bluetooth.

Rick

Bluetooth MacBook Pro - iPhone4 issue!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.