Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Displays Calibration

I recently purchased two Samsung 23" LED Monitors ( http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LS23A300BS/ZA ) .

I have them hooked up with DVI Cables and the resolution set to 1080. My question is this:

Why when I use the calibration tool, and set my calibration settings up and apply them to both monitors, the display on the left hand side isn't showing up with the same color / gamma as the right side? I haven't set any settings on the actual monitor itself, they're both right out of the box. This is driving me crazy! I've doen the process 3-4 times already and to no avail can not get them to match eachother up.

Has anyone had this problem with external displays? I'm trying to figure out what the problem could be in getting these two monitors to match up and not look so washed out.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:20 AM

11 replies

Jan 28, 2013 9:57 AM in response to joeyrob

12-core Mac Pro hardware, 5770 graphics, 10.7.4 running.

Original Poster complained he could only calibrate his two identical displays one way, as the software bizarrely applied the changes to BOTH displays.

It turned out to be caused by Displays Prefs in 10.7.4 only looking at the first partof the extended serial number of two identical displays. ( They were the same in the first part of the serial number, and only unique in the extended serial number.)

A good description of the problem in the OP's description, and a good litmus test for re-producing the problem is provided in postings by others in the last two threads

Re: Color calibration is only affecting one monitor in a dual display set up.

Jan 28, 2013 4:00 PM in response to joeyrob

joeyrob-

Does that other thread seem like the same problem you are having?

When I find a complaint that seems unique and repeatable, there is way I can report it to the Hosts. Other senior Readers can comment and affirm (or deny) that it is a probelm. From time-to-time, the Hosts pass confirmed problems on to Engineering.

If you can affirm that you are having the same problem, I will pass them a link this thread and tell them it has happened again to someone else.

Samsung Displays Calibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.