Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel hd graphics 4000 does not give native resolution on Wacom Cintiq

I have the Cintiq20WSX and I bought the new MacMini running OS 10.8.2 and can not get the native resolution. I have tried 3 different MDP to DVI adapters and one worked for about a day then went out. The Cintiq still works on my old late 2006 24" iMac via the Mini DVI. I went to Apple Genius Bar and everything points to the Intel 4000hd graphics card. All other Macs at the apple store not using that graphics card give the proper native resolution. The Apple Genius Bar folks had no answers for what is going on. This is all very frustrating. I may have to buy an older Mac that uses a different t graphics. Wacom thinks it might be the graphics card too. Anyone else have this problem with a Cinitq coming out of the Intel 4000 HD graphics card?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 10:07 AM

Hi, just wondering, does this Mini have the EFI 1.7 update?

9 replies

Jan 29, 2013 12:34 PM in response to BDAqua

Spoke to one of the main techs at Wacom and it appears the problem is with the Cintiq 20WSX not the MacMini. Basically the technology that went into the Cintiq 20WSX has been eclipsed by the advances in the higher and higher resolutions being put out by today’s graphic cards. So basically I need to find or put together a Mac with a less advanced graphics card to get the native resolution on my Cintiq. Not thrilled about this, but at the same time it makes sense when you consider the speed at which graphics have been increasing in computers and devices. Time to send back the MacMini and get my money back and work on finding another one that will work with the Cintiq 20WSX.

Apr 11, 2014 3:34 PM in response to fmhansen

Definitely an issue with the Intel HD4000 graphics. I have a 15" MacBook Pro Retina with a discrete Nvidia graphics card and it works fine with the Cintiq 20wsx. My wife has a 13" MacBook Pro Retina that only runs off the Intel HD4000 graphics chip and it will not display native resolution on the Cintiq 20wsx. My Nvidia discrete card is more powerful than the HD4000.

Apr 12, 2014 8:25 AM in response to RonnieSan

I spoke to Wacom about this. Unfortuately the Cintiq 20wsx will NOT disply native rez on the Intel HD4000 graphics chip. It will work on the new iMacs or other discrete GPU's. I ended up buying a new Cintiq (24 HD) and selling my old one. The Mac Mini i7 with the HD4000 graphics chip gives you FULL native rez on the new Cintiq's. An expensive upgrade, or you just keep using you oCintiq 20wsx with Apple's with discrete GPU's.

Intel hd graphics 4000 does not give native resolution on Wacom Cintiq

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.