Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't log out of facebook since 1/24/13

I have the official Facebook app on both my iPhone and iPad. In the last few days, there must have been a change in the app because now when I choose the red "Log Out" button within the app, it doesn't Log Out, it only presents a screen that looks like this below (on both the iPhone 4S and iPad 2). It still shows you logged in, with a Continue button as a choice. There is no way to Log Out. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing it from the App store with the latest version. I have tried logging in to another account but when I log out of the other account, it still shows that my account is Logged in. Does anyone know what to do?

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: LoveGS

Message was edited by: LoveGS

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 10:28 AM

9 replies

Jun 24, 2014 10:43 PM in response to LoveGS

After the following steps, should I be able to post a link to my Facebook timeline?

1) Log out in Facebook app.

2) In Settings, disable Facebook account access to Facebook app. (Now the Facebook app shows the login form. Don't login.)

3) In Mobile Safari, clear cookies and data.

4) In Mobile Safari, post a page to your Facebook timeline.

I was expecting it fail or bring up a login form, but it successfully posted the link to the timeline. The access token is still remembered somewhere. Help is appreciated.

[UPDATE: after typing up the above, googled for Facebook active sessions. When I deleted all the sessions and tried sharing in the browser, it prompted me to enter the Facebook password in Settings, as expected. Thought I'd post it here as it's related to the topic.]

can't log out of facebook since 1/24/13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.