Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

P2 card data showing up as Windows bitmap?

I have been using the Panasonic P2 cards for 5 years. Never a problem until latest update. Last three edit sessions SOME of the footage is showing up as Windows bit map data. If I put the same card into FCP 7 they are fine. What the heck? Anyone have this experience before?

THANK YOU

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 10:05 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2013 10:26 AM in response to scotteditor

I do not have a for sure answer, however I have noticed that SOMETIMES this happens when I have more than one content folder within a folder. So, when I go to the log and transfer window I have a project folder and sometimes I have more than one content folder from different P2 cards. It is only sporadic. No help from Apple. Posted on other sites but no answers. When you experienced this, did you by any chance have more than one content folder within a folder?

Feb 27, 2013 11:05 AM in response to scotteditor

Scott,

One thing I do know is that you are NEVER to change the name of that content folder. Just the fact that someone named it contents-2 worries me. Each content folder should host all the data inclusively. Not one for audio and one for video. So, hypothetically, you should be able to access both vidoe and audio in the content folder you can see. I have to assume each content folder has both audio and video. I am not sure what you should do about that content-2? Not sure why anyone would change the name? You could copy that content 2 folder for a back up then delete the "-2" to see if it makes a difference. I don't know but I have a feeling that might be your problem.

Apr 15, 2014 11:10 AM in response to digitalwitch

The Contents folder becomes "CONTENTS 2" when you are importing more than one folder at a time. The system automatically renames it during a simulatneous import.

Also, if you're working on a project with multiple "CONTENTS" folders (due to multiple P2 cards), are you saying it is still wrong to rename the folders (say, for instance, you have 10 CONTENTS folders... wouldn't you want to rename them to avoid confusion within the system? Could that "multiple contents folder" problem be fixed by renaming?

Thanks for the help/input.

-Stan

P2 card data showing up as Windows bitmap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.