- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
- Try another cable
- Try another charging source
- Inspect the dock connector for bend or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.
- Make an appointment at the Genus Bar of an Apple store.