Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My time capsule is really slow doing a full backup. It says its going to take 9 days. i have mountain lion vera 10.8.2. Any advice?

having trouble with Timecapsule its taking ages for it to back up my my Imac. I am on version 10.8.2 mountain lion. i have left it on all day but says it wil take another 9 days? Whats with that? I have switched off spotlight but doesn't make any difference.

Any answers?

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 3:08 PM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2013 3:57 PM in response to LaPastenague

Many thanks for the reply. No this is not the first back up but i had problems with my time capsule not working error22 and it reco'd wiping and starting again. Having said i dont think timecapsule has worked since i installed Mountain lion. I literally deleted it yesterday and re - backed my imac but its reallly slow and yes i am on ethernet.

TC is the main router.

I had been working fine up to the point of Mountain lion.

Jan 28, 2013 6:49 PM in response to phillydirector

Did you upgrade install Mountain Lion?? I know it is a pain but a clean install works a lot better.

Can you do a verify of the source disk. See A5 here.

http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html

A full reset of TM .. see A4

And load the widget so you can see the full logs from TM. A1

If you are using ethernet it should be able to do 60GB/hour.

Check that ethernet is linking at gigabit.

How old is the TC? What model, A1xxx from the rubber foot?

Test the speed by copying a large file using finder from computer to the TC into a new directory.. if that is super slow you have a network issue. Or the TC is faulty.

I would try using another backup software like superduper to do a disk image of the drive.. see if that works.

My time capsule is really slow doing a full backup. It says its going to take 9 days. i have mountain lion vera 10.8.2. Any advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.