Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail app constantly saying that "mail can't connect to the account "yahoo!" enter the password for user "myname@yahoo.com". I enter the password and it works fine for 10 minutes or so and the it all repeats itself.

why does my mail app constantly alerting me that "mail can't connect to the account "yahoo!" Enter the password for user "myname@yahoo.com". I enter the password and it works fine for 10 minutes or so and then it all repeats itself. I have to constantly re-enter/re-confirm my password. Is there

any way to fix this?

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 4:40 PM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2013 11:03 PM in response to JeanInSLO

To me, it seems as though you have not SAVED your yahoo email password in your keychain... And because of this, everytime Mail is trying to fetch your email, probably every 10 mins, it has to ask for your password because it doesn't have it. You would have to enter it every time the program asks the server if there is new email. You can go into the settings for your account and add the password, assuming its not already there. If you add it to the account keychain you would not have to enter it again. The settings can be found in the preferences tab. Select your yahoo account and add the password in the box below your user name. When you close the window out, it will ask you if you want to save the settings. Click yes. This should fix your issue.

mail app constantly saying that "mail can't connect to the account "yahoo!" enter the password for user "myname@yahoo.com". I enter the password and it works fine for 10 minutes or so and the it all repeats itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.