Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am doing a research paper and now pages won't open the document anymore. Help.

Any body

<Email Edited by Host>

iPad 2, iOS 6.1, Help

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 5:19 PM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2013 5:46 PM in response to Qiitxx

Exactly want is happening? Is Pages crashing on you? Can you open other documents?

Try this for now. Close Pages in the recents tray and then reboot the iPad.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the Pages app icon. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Launch Pages and see if the file will open.

BTW .... You wouldn't happen to use File Sharing with iTunes and have the document backed up on your computer would you?

Jan 29, 2013 5:59 AM in response to Demo

I can open the other documents in pages, but they are slow to open. Sometimes pages crashes on me especially when I am doing large edits within the paper. I don't think I have any thing stored on I tunes because it was supposed to be stored on the cloud. I tried the solution you suggested several times and it did not work. I even cleaned out the entire tray looking for a conflict and that did not work. Why is the only message I get from this app is " document can't be opened" no other information?

BTW if I can't get this document opened, I fail the course.

Sent from Vic's

iPad

Jan 29, 2013 6:00 AM in response to Qiitxx

I can open the other documents in pages, but they are slow to open. Sometimes pages crashes on me especially when I am doing large edits within the paper. I don't think I have any thing stored on I tunes because it was supposed to be stored on the cloud. I tried the solution you suggested several times and it did not work. I even cleaned out the entire tray looking for a conflict and that did not work. Why is the only message I get from this app is " document can't be opened" no other information?

BTW if I can't get this document opened, I fail the course.

Sent from Vic's

iPad

Jan 29, 2013 6:14 AM in response to Qiitxx

Believe me, I understand your frustration and even though I use iCloud, I still use file sharing with iTunes and store my most important documents on my Mac. I will never totally trust any cloud storage.

I don't think that this will work either but did you try downloading the file on your computer in iCloud.com? Launch a web browser and go to iCloud.com, sign in, click on the iWorks tab, click on Pages, find the file and download it.

If this file is corrupt, it might be the reason why the other documents are slow to open and it might be causing all of the problems.

I am doing a research paper and now pages won't open the document anymore. Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.