Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did 6.1 update no issues, now keeps asking for apple id password

Did the update, all seemed fine, phone reappeared in the window like it should. Only problem is it keeps popping up asking me to enter my apple I'd password. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 5:35 PM

14 replies

Jan 28, 2013 5:52 PM in response to iinami

What have you done troubleshooting?

Basics from the manual are restart, reset, restore

Follow the 3R's- if a restart does not solve your problem proceed

User troubleshooting is:

1.restart, ie power off/on,

2. reset http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430,

3. restore from backup, restore as new device. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Jan 28, 2013 6:48 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

icloud is fine, i can see the problem is when i try to add apple id for imessage and facetime is when it keeps asking for my apple id password. if i don't try to add apple id to my phone number for imessage and facetime it stops asking for my apple id password. i know i have the right password and it's not telling me it's the wrong password it just keeps asking for it. that's why i asked what you have for imessage and facetime in settings, do you have your apple id?

Jan 29, 2013 7:07 PM in response to iinami

Quite a few people seem to be having this problem, myself included. I've noticed that it's Facetime that seesm to be the problem. For some reason, it doesn't like it when you sign in. If you do sign in, it will log out as well as your iMessage account. You can have iMessage logged in but you can't have Facetime.

I did a complete restore from backup but that didn't help at all. It only wasted 3 hours of my life as I waited for the phone to reinstall 6.1 and all of the apps, music, movies, etc.

I'm still searching for a solution.

Did 6.1 update no issues, now keeps asking for apple id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.