14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2014 8:02 AM by indymag
iinami Level 4 (1,440 points)

Did the update, all seemed fine, phone reappeared in the window like it should. Only problem is it keeps popping up asking me to enter my apple I'd password. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.2
  • leroydouglas Level 6 (17,777 points)

What have you done  troubleshooting?

Basics from the manual are restart, reset, restore

Follow the 3R's- if a restart does not solve your problem proceed

User troubleshooting is:

1.restart, ie power off/on,

2. reset  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430,

3. restore from backup, restore as new device. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

Happened to me also.

First few times after I updated when I went to send a message it asked for the info. After the third or fourth time it stopped and all seems to be normal again.

• iinami Level 4 (1,440 points)

Thanks. What do you have in settings for iMessage and FaceTime? I think that's where my issue is, it won't let me add my apple id.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

What happens if you go to Settings->iCloud->Account? Is your information in there?

As leroydouglas suggested you might want to try the reset restore route if  the problem is still occurring.

icloud is fine, i can see the problem is when i try to add apple id for imessage and facetime is when it keeps asking for my apple id password. if i don't try to add apple id to my phone number for imessage and facetime it stops asking for my apple id password. i know i have the right password and it's not telling me it's the wrong password it just keeps asking for it. that's why i asked what you have for imessage and facetime in settings, do you have your apple id?

• JCC123 Level 1 (45 points)

Quite a few people seem to be having this problem, myself included. I've noticed that it's Facetime that seesm to be the problem. For some reason, it doesn't like it when you sign in. If you do sign in, it will log out as well as your iMessage account.  You can have iMessage logged in but you can't have Facetime.

I did a complete restore from backup but that didn't help at all. It only wasted 3 hours of my life as I waited for the phone to reinstall 6.1 and all of the apps, music, movies, etc.

I'm still searching for a solution.

HI, I finally figured out the solution. It's actually quite simple. Just keep logging in by inputting your password until it takes. I had to log in about 5 or 6 times and it finally stopped asking and I'm now logged into both iMessage and Facetime.

• macfanrizo Level 1 (0 points)

This did not work for me.

• macfanrizo Level 1 (0 points)

My solution:

1.  Go to the settings of iMessage and turn off iMessage.

2.  Go to the settings of FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.

3.  Go back to iMessage and turn it on and login using your icloud/apple id credentials.

4.  Go back to FaceTime and turn it on and login using your icloud/apple id credentials.

yes, that fixed it for me as well.

Yes, I did those steps first, including a complete restore, but it still kept popping up so I just kept re-entering my password until it took.

• spottersd Level 1 (0 points)

This fixed me as well...

My solution:

1. Go to the settings of iMessage and turn off iMessage.

2. Go to the settings of FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.

3. Go back to iMessage and turn it on and login using your icloud/apple id credentials.

4. Go back to FaceTime and turn it on and login using your icloud/apple id credentials.

• Compunut Level 1 (0 points)

Check your date/time is correct too!

I had this same issue and tried over and over with sign in.

Then noticed my date was a week ahead

(due to playing candy crush and getting tomorrows lives ;)

Soon as I set it back to today my sign in was accepted!

• indymag Level 1 (0 points)

Open the iTunes Store on your device and look for an uncompleted downloads. That could indeed be a cause of intermittent requests for your iTunes Store password.