Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store download stopped

I've been experiencing very slow app download today since about 5pm EST till now (past 9pm EST).

Not only that, the bunch of apps I selected to download has, aside from the first 3 or 4, completely stopped getting downloaded. That is the spinning circle indicator on the top left is no longer showing.

The odd thing was when I selected another new app to be downloaded, that one did get downloaded but none of those left waiting to be downloaded is getting downloaded - or at least none of them has the % completion bar showing any change (all blank or 0%).

The Genius for App is turned off already - has been so as far as I can remember. Settings->Privacy->Location Services is not turned on for app store. Oddly, everytime app store is launched for the first time after reboot the GPS/navigation indicator does show *BRIEFLY* on the top right of the screen.

I have rebooted the ipad multiple times by either holding down just the top right hand button on the back, or holding both that button & the home button until the apple icon shows.

I have also rebooted my router multiple times. Internet access from ipad is clearly working as webpages get loaded. Speedtest.net shows download speed avg 0.8Mbps.

I would have tried to clear out all those apps still waiting to be downloaded & re-select them to see if that might work. However I don't see a method for doing that.

Any ideas? Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 7:12 PM

Use iTune (computer) to download/update your apps. When completed, sync to iPad.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee374/Diavonex/Album%204/94f1fe0cf3c66737ba5 7a4e6b92df1a6.jpg

4 replies

app store download stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.