Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mailbox disappeared

Mail (ios 6, iPad) had a mailbox called 'Notes'. I moved a bunch of messages to it, then it disappeared taking them all with it. If I try to add a mailbox called 'Notes' it tells me it can't because it already exists... Why can't I see it anymore?

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 7:59 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2013 6:47 AM in response to Zorgor

Try this. Close mail completely in the recents tray and reboot the iPad. See if the mailbox comes back.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the mail app icon. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Jan 29, 2013 3:43 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm afraid these did not help.

I wonder if this 'notes' folder is not what I thought it was... Could it be a special 'sent' folder for when you email notes from the notes app? That seems to make more sense than being just a handy folder for notes I've emailed myself... I do that a lot, but wonder if anyone else does... Perhaps I broke it from incorrectly divining its purpose...

Jan 29, 2013 4:12 PM in response to Zorgor

I'm not all that familiar with using Notes on the iPad because I don't use them very often at all. I do know that the few notes that I use sync over the air with the notes app on the iPad in my two IMAP email accounts. Therefore, I don't need a Notes folder in the mail app because I can find the notes in the Notes app.

I can access those notes in a Notes Folder in my webmail via Safari on the iPad, but the Notes folders on the server do not sync to the the iPad and I assume that is because like I said, the notes can be found in the Notes app itself.

Mailbox disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.