Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon PIXMA MP500 and 10.8.2 -- unable to scan

Hi,

It seems others have asked this question without luck. Canon doesn't seem to have a driver for 10.8.2, and while the MP500 will copy and print from my wired and wirelessly connected computers, it will not scan. I've tried deleting all related libraries and reinstalling, but no luck with the scan.

Does anyone have a solution other than to buy a new machine? As others have mentioned, the PIXMA is perfectly functional and it seems a shame, in many ways, to be forced to replace it.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:15 PM

Is it not working because you've upgraded the Mac OS from an earlier version? If so, it might be cheaper just to downgrade back to your earlier OS (loss = $20) than buy a new printer.

Just a thought.

7 replies

Jan 28, 2013 9:16 PM in response to simbonding

I don't have this model to test my theory, but you can install the MP500 scanner driver for 10.7 on the 10.8 Mac. The driver is not digitally signed so you will need to Control-click on the installer and select Open from the pop-up menu. Then select Open from the next window to continue with the installation.

With the driver installed you will then need an application. You could try MP Navigator v2.0.7, which is also not signed so you will need the same workaround to install it.

With the scanner driver and MP Navigator installed you should be able to scan via a direct USB connection to the Mac.

Canon PIXMA MP500 and 10.8.2 -- unable to scan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.