Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote app for iPad stopped working after updating Apple TV to the latest software update 5.2

I just updated our apple tv 2 with the latest software version 5.2 and now the remote app on our iPad 2 can no longer connect to the apple tv. The remote app on iPad will connect fine to macbook pro itunes via home sharing. The other puzzling thing is that the remote app on the iPhone connects to the apple tv with no problems. I've narrowed it down to just the iPad version of the remote app not working. Is anyone else having this problem after the recent update?

Apple TV (2nd generation), iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 8:20 PM

6 replies

Jan 28, 2013 11:25 PM in response to Totho

This may or may not help because it is from an old support issue posted on Apple's website. I tried them all with no luck.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1741

I agree that Apple needs to do a better job of checking all of the devices that their updates will affect especially when it's their software that doesn't work with their hardware. Yikes!

I love their products but quality control has slipped a bit and the competition continues to innovate faster and faster in the home entertainment market. The race is on.

Remote app for iPad stopped working after updating Apple TV to the latest software update 5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.