Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 wont save my new contacts ?

I can save new contacts but when i click done and go to my contacts its not there :|

Please help

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 2:56 AM

15 replies

Aug 23, 2017 4:53 AM in response to AaronAus

lads I had this problem too, the group thing is kinda the fault, but for me I didnt want to have loads of contacts from outlook etc in with my iphone contacts so selecting al groups was not an option

if you go to settings>contacts..

you can make icloud default mine was set to outlook so I changed this,

also just to do it in one go I also removed outlook from contacts altogether

this combined or with just the first step I done both, kills the group problem thing and leave just your phone contacts

which you want in icloud, I have no time for contacts from outlook anyway

Ill wait and see will mail remember email adresses but my guess is it will

so its a setting> in settings for want I wanted-just iphone contacts

Apr 19, 2014 10:42 PM in response to AaronAus

Hey there.

All these people are a bunch or noobs.

The reason all your contacts aren't showing is because your phone is saving them to a different group that isn't being displayed on your iPhone. I had the same problem with both my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5s after I updated it.

The Fix..

Go to contacts and on the top left corner you can select groups. Click on groups and make sure all the boxes are ticked. Make sure it's displaying all contacts.

That should fix it

May 26, 2014 8:42 AM in response to AaronAus

Go to "groups" and uncheck your email provider (Yahoo, Outlook, whatever). When you go back to contacts it will likely be empty. You have to then manually add contacts.

It doesn't work when you try to add and save phone numbers to contacts that were transferred from email accounts for some reason. Optionally, from your computer you can everyone's phone number to their email accounts.

iPhone 5 wont save my new contacts ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.