Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Gift Card Question

If I get an Itunes gift card, can I use it for anything at the Apple Store? For example, a Smart Cover and a book using that same gift card redeem code.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 5:36 AM

I am not 100% sure, but my gut tells me no. That while iTunes and the App stores may operate under the same umbrella - and use the same gift cards - the actual apple store does not. That there's a difference betweeen selling applications and content and physical stuff.

You can ask iTunes support and see what they say

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2013 5:36 AM in response to IpadinParadise

I am not 100% sure, but my gut tells me no. That while iTunes and the App stores may operate under the same umbrella - and use the same gift cards - the actual apple store does not. That there's a difference betweeen selling applications and content and physical stuff.

You can ask iTunes support and see what they say

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Jan 29, 2013 7:44 AM in response to Phil0124

Call and double check, but let's say you bought her a $100 best buy gift card. She can go into best buy, use that card to buy the cover, then use the card also to buy an iTunes gift card (I'd double check with best buy but since gift cards are merchandise I don't see why they won't let you use a gift card to buy a gift card)

You can also gift content through iTUnes. so maybe that's another option for you. Purchase the card for the cover then go into iTunes and gift her the book? You'll need an e-mail that she can get the redeem code on.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible in a single transaction.

Apple Gift Card Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.