Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes is not opening

My itunes has stopped opening. I received a message telling me i needed to update my version. I went to the itunes website and downloaded the latest version and updated my copy. Ever since then the program will not open at all.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program without success. The program was working fine prior to this upgrade. Now when I double click the icon, the hour glass appears but nothing happens, the program does not open.

Help!!

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 6:43 AM

9 replies

Jan 29, 2013 1:02 PM in response to awheelerworld

Now when I double click the icon, the hour glass appears but nothing happens, the program does not open.

Can you check something for me please?

Restart your PC. after the PC restarts, bring up your Task manager, and go to the "Processes" tab. Click "Image name" to sort the processes alphabetically.

Now try to launch iTunes.

Does an itunes.exe process appear? If so, does it vanish after a second or so, or does it persist in the Processes tab (even though iTunes itself never shows up)?

Jan 31, 2013 2:25 AM in response to awheelerworld

Having started up windows and opened itunes, the itunes.exe appears in my task manager for approximately 8 seconds and then disappears.

🙂 Many thanks.

If you're getting an error-message-free iTunes launch error, and the iTunes.exe is making a brief-if-any appearance in Task manager, we'd better check for a QuickTime problem.

Try updating your QuickTime Player to the most recent version. Does iTunes start launching again?

itunes is not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.