Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

could not purchase -42408 itunes 10

I downgraded from itunes 11 to 10.7. Fixed a few problems, but cannot purchase from store. I get the following "Could not puchase [song]. An unknown error occurred (-42408)." I have de and reauthorized. I have removed the SC Info folder. I can't find anything else to do except reupgrade to 11, but I don't like it. Thanks for any further suggestions. Shauna

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 7:47 AM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2013 8:45 PM in response to b noir

I tried it (there was a shared folder, so went down that path), restarted, and no change. I had re-deauthorized my computer in the itunes store at some point in this problem and can't authorize it again - don't know if that's part of the problem or not. (Comes back with We could not complete your itunes store request error -42408.) In the meantime I find I have no problem with the other parts of itunes; guess I'll buy my music from elsewhere, and I had saved my Apple store music to CD previously, so I just reloaded it and I can play it. I just like everything to work like it should! Many thanks for your suggestion.

could not purchase -42408 itunes 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.