2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 8:45 PM by Shauna Elaine
Shauna Elaine Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I downgraded from itunes 11 to 10.7.  Fixed a few problems, but cannot purchase from store. I get the following "Could not puchase [song]. An unknown error occurred (-42408)."  I have de and reauthorized. I have removed the SC Info folder.  I can't find anything else to do except reupgrade to 11, but I don't like it.  Thanks for any further suggestions. Shauna

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • b noir Level 9 Level 9 (72,020 points)

Just in case, although you're getting a different error message, I'd try the following document with that one:

iTunes: Missing folder or incorrect permissions may prevent authorization

(The symptoms of this one can sometimes bleed over into looking like the damaged SC Info folder cases, and vice versa, so it's probably worth having a check.)

• Shauna Elaine Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I tried it (there was a shared folder, so went down that path), restarted, and no change.  I had re-deauthorized my computer in the itunes store at some point in this problem and can't authorize it again - don't know if that's part of the problem or not. (Comes back with We could not complete your itunes store request error -42408.)  In the meantime I find I have no problem with the other parts of itunes; guess I'll buy my music from elsewhere, and I had saved my Apple store music to CD previously, so I just reloaded it and I can play it.   I just like everything to work like it should!  Many thanks for your suggestion.