Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My multiple signatures still (iOS 6.1) does not work on the iPad. Fine on the iPhone

I have not been able to get my iPad 2 to change signatures for different email addresses. It works perfectly on the iPhone 4S. It only goes to the default signature. I have tried retyping, and simplifying but nothing works. I had thought with the update to iOS 6.1 it would have been fixed, but no dice. Any thoughts or suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 7:09 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2013 4:46 PM in response to wchrisb

I saw a helpful answer on 1/29 from stefanobene which gives a decent workaround, and, as he says, not a solution. If you go to each account instead of through the "all mailboxes" and then compose your note, the correct signature appears. I should also add, as I did above, that all others replying to similar issues do not have this problem with the iPhone––it is purely an iPad issue. I tried stefanobene's workaround, and it was effective, until Apple fixes the problem. Thanks, Stefanobene!

Jan 29, 2013 4:56 PM in response to tryingtofigureitout1

Multiple signatures works perfectly for me when I set the signatures up in the mail settings. I have had no problems at all. Replying to an email, composing an email ... It works flawlessly for me.

You can try resetting all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will have to enter all of your device settings again. This includes all of the Privacy settings, your WiFi network password, brightness and wallpaper .... Anything that you set in the settings app, will have to be set up again.

My multiple signatures still (iOS 6.1) does not work on the iPad. Fine on the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.