Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have my camera (Canon 5D MARK 2) set to take both JPEG Large and Raw files with each shot. I uploaded the images from the card to my Pro (Aperture 3) and while the import info said 1500 images were uploaded, I can't find the RAW images. Aperture put ab

I have my camera (Canon 5D Mark 2) set to take both JPEG Large and Raw files with each shot. I uploaded the images from the card to my Pro (Aperture 3) and while the import info said 1500 images were uploaded, I can't find the RAW images. Aperture put about 700 images in an untitled project folder, but all the images are the JPEGs. What am I missing?

Thanks,

upsjdris

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Aperture 3

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 7:11 AM

Have you checked your "Import" settings for "Raw&Jpeg" pairs in the "Import" panel?

You can set Aperture to import raw, jpeg, or raw&jpeg.

If you imported Raw&Jpeg, but have set Aperture to use the Jpeg as original, you will see the imported image as Jpeg image, not as a raw image, even if the raw has also been imported. You can switch between Raw and Jpeg originals for selected images from the Photos menu:

Photos > Use Raw as original.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2013 7:11 AM in response to upsjdris

Have you checked your "Import" settings for "Raw&Jpeg" pairs in the "Import" panel?

You can set Aperture to import raw, jpeg, or raw&jpeg.

If you imported Raw&Jpeg, but have set Aperture to use the Jpeg as original, you will see the imported image as Jpeg image, not as a raw image, even if the raw has also been imported. You can switch between Raw and Jpeg originals for selected images from the Photos menu:

Photos > Use Raw as original.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

Jan 29, 2013 8:03 AM in response to upsjdris

That helped, though the panel is somewhat different than what you've provided, it did lead me to a setting that allows RAW originals to be displayed.

In what way is your panel different?

One problem with the Import settings is, that you have to configure it, so that it will show the settings you want to use. By default not all will be displayed.

It is good to know, you found your raw images.

Regards

Léonie

I have my camera (Canon 5D MARK 2) set to take both JPEG Large and Raw files with each shot. I uploaded the images from the card to my Pro (Aperture 3) and while the import info said 1500 images were uploaded, I can't find the RAW images. Aperture put ab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.