Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Path control regarding FTP-publishing

Hi,

I want to publish a website created with iWeb (version 3.0.4) and have some trouble eliminating the paths generated

by naming the website in iWeb.

Let's say my website is example.com and I have created 2 pages for this website called

page1.html and page2.html

I'd like the URLs for these pages to be example.com/page1.html and example.com/page2.html

but unfortunately iWeb inserts another path when publishing; the URLs come out as e.g.

example.com/file/page1.html or example.com/websitename/page1.hml (websitename depending

on how I call the website/project in the publication settings in iWeb)

Ist there a way to eliminate this additional path and hence to create the direct example.com/page1.html

that I'm looking for?

Thank you for your help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:37 AM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2013 9:18 AM in response to ow-music.de

Yes you can, however you won't be able to use the iWeb built in ftp - rather, you would have to select the publish to a local folder option from iWeb and then publish there and then upload your site to your server using Cyberduck, Transmit or Yummy ftp - these are all dedicated ftp programmes. Once you upload, you will need to select ONLY the contents of your site folder and NOT the whole folder itself and this way, your url will then be http://www.domain.com/pagename.html.

Note that doing it this way will break any feeds that you may have because iWeb looks for the site name.

Path control regarding FTP-publishing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.