Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble renaming a bundle

Hello everyone,
please understand I am -very- new to this as I'm the only one amoung everyone I know to do this first.

At a (small) class I took we were told the bundle identifiers was uniuqely meant for com.domainName.YourName.

Thing is- I put in my bundle identifier "com.techgirl52.myCompanyName", when it should have been "com.techgirl52.productIdentifier." I'm beyond infuriation with myself at this point. Normlly I would have started over, but I already deleted my intended product title priorly "The Event" on a failed attempt last night. Believe me when I tell you, I was on the webite for 2 hours, 1 1/2 spent trying to find out HOW to load a binary (I couldn't find Application Loader, assuming it was online). The other half was filling out cert information, no biggie. Today I found the Application Loader through spotlight search and am trying to rectify my erorr.

I finally gave up at 2AM, and realized my mistake for submitting the app. The bundle identifier is off by "com.techgirl52.TheEventIOS", as my form online states "com.techgirl52.myCompanyName".

Here's my problem: My first app is a donation to a local church event. It's for their outreach program and I'm at whit's end about this. I deleted the first attempt for "The Event" last night when I thought it crashed and bugged, so I made a new one and called it "The Event Official App". I want this app to be SUPER easy to find and I think I killed that chance in stone.

I'm not doing anything to it right now... I'm too nervous to try anything without asking.
Is there a way I can rename my bundle identifier, or reach out to Apple and ask them to allow me to use "The App" as the app title? I'm truly afraid about how to go back at this. I know this is a lesson learned hard.

Thank you very much,
Techgirl-52.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 9:37 AM

Why are you using Application Loader? That is only for cross-platform junkware. If you are developing in Xcode, you can submit with Xcode.

"The Event" is awfully generic. I can't image that being easy to find.

5 replies

Jan 29, 2013 10:53 AM in response to etresoft

Thank you for responding etresoft.

To answer your quuestion, the iTunes Connect tutorial told me to do it that way.
I didn't realize you could directly submit it from XCode. How would I submit it in XCode etresoft?

Right now I'm trying to figure out the validation warning I have. It's complaining about (-19011). The signature is valid because it asked me to verify the signature, and the certificate is also valid because I checked in XCode and it says "Verified". I've been stuck on this error for nearly two hours.

Jan 29, 2013 11:16 AM in response to Techgirl-52

I create new apps pretty rarely. This might be second nature to those people who create thousands of apps. But I don't recall it being very difficult. Also, I am only setup for the Mac App Store right now.

You just go into the Developer Certificate Utility via the link in the right hand sidebar.

There, go into "App IDs" and just "Create App ID" to create the app with the name and bundle ID that you want. I don't see anything for editing or deleting an App ID. Just create a new one with the name and ID you want. If you really want to re-use the name for the dead ID, you would probably have to contact Apple. I think your question might fall into the "Program Benefits" category.

Once you have an app name and bundle ID you are happy with, make your Xcode project match them. Then, in Xcode, use Product > Archive to validate and submit to the App Store.

I'm having trouble renaming a bundle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.