Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MB Pro tries to connect to Time Capsule when away from home network resulting in annoying error message - how do I fix this?

I have a 13" MB Pro late 2011 model running Mountain Lion with 2.5 ghz and 8 GB ram. I have a TC setup at home as wireless network and my phones, ipads, PCs, and MB Pro all connect to it with no problem. The problem is when I leave home and connect to another wireless network my MB Pro tries to connect to the TC about every 15 seconds and a message pops up saying it could not connect to the server "Time Capsule" and it forces me to click ok. As you can imagine, clicking ok every 15 seconds makes it impossible to use the computer. I have tried turning off time machine but it makes no difference.

I have tried to read other posts and could not find the answer. Only reason I state this is because I once asked a question and there was another post out there and several got mad at me. I'm just trying to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 10:45 AM

Go to System Preferences>Accounts>Login Items and remove anything referring to the Time Capsule.

5 replies

Jan 30, 2013 12:36 PM in response to Bob Timmons

My apologies and thank you both so much. You were both right. I went in and disabled some sort of application that iTunes was running in the background. I figured out that I have a song or two somewhere that was imported into iTunes and the original file destination is on my TC at home. It kept trying to locate that file by connecting to the TC. Wow, I would have never found that. Again, thanks a million. So relieved!!!!!!!

MB Pro tries to connect to Time Capsule when away from home network resulting in annoying error message - how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.