Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4G LTE iPhone 5: Carrier Settings Update never came

Hello,

Just to say, before I start: This question is related to Switzerland's Swisscom's 4G LTE network and iPhone 5.

I have updated to iOS 6.1 (for Swisscom 4G LTE compatibility, it's now compatible), but didn't get the carrier settings update, and when I reset the iPhone (including erase all content), I got the Carrier Setting Update and it enabled 4G LTE, but I have progressed in lots of apps and games (mainly apps), and it will be very difficult to do a full restore and recover all my progress etcetera. How can I get the Carrier Settings Update? I went to Swisscom, and they said to erase the iPhone, but again this would be a big inconvenience and I am trying to avoid it.

Sorry about any problems: I'm not very tech savvy with iOS devices, and this is my first post here so I may have put in the wrong section.

Thanks a lot in advance

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:43 AM

Sync your phone to create a current backup, then erase your phone & update it. Once done, restore from the backup you created when you started. Follow this by syncing your content back to your phone.

5 replies

Jan 29, 2013 8:49 AM in response to wjosten

Hello,

I tried this already. I backed up my phone to iCloud. At first, I tried it setting it up as a new iPhone and the carrier settings message arrived. Later, when I tried it by restoring the backup, the carrier setting message was gone, and it was showing the usual "Enable 3G", rather than "Enable LTE". Also, by the way, my model is A4129, and my phone is Swisscom locked. Also, does your post mean that if I sync the contents back to my phone, I will also have my progress etcetera.

Thank you very much, nevertheless.

Jan 29, 2013 9:08 AM in response to wjosten

Well, I've connected my phone to iTunes, and still nothing has come. My friend's iPhone 5 did have enable LTE, when he updated and I believe he got it over the air, and didn't connect it to iTunes. iTunes is still syncing...

Thank you very much for helping

It's suddenly appeared. My three friend's iPhone 5's carrier settings update came straight away after updating this morning (we updated together), and mine has come about 7 and a half hours later... but still, it's come. I don't think this was related to iTunes (by the looks of it).

Thanks a lot for helping me, and for the quick replies.

Message was edited by: chetan20k

4G LTE iPhone 5: Carrier Settings Update never came

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.