Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 9:24 AM (in response to Dr.nuna)
Restore from iTune Backup Step by Step
1. Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
2. You'll be asked twice to confirm
3. You'll see Apple logo and progress bar
4. You'll see a big iPad logo on screen
5. Configuration start
6. Set language
7. Set country
8. Select Network and input Password>Join
9. Enable Location Service>Next
10. You'll be given 3 options (a) Setup as New iPad (b) Restore from iCloud Backup (c) Restore from iTune Backup
11. Select Restore from iTune Backup
12. You will see picture of USB cable pointing towards iPad
13. Connect iPad to iTune (make sure iTune is on standby)
14. Tap Continue (computer)
15. Restore iPad from Backup (computer)
16. See progress bar with estimated time (computer)
17. See Restore in Progress on iPad
18. See Apple logo
19. See Apple and Progress Bar
20. Slide to Unlock
21. Copying Apps back to iPad (computer)
22. You'll see Loading/Installing/Waiting below the Apps (iPad)
23. Sync Music/Podcast/Movies to iPad (computer)
24. Sync completed (computer)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 9:51 AM (in response to Diavonex)
i did all these steps .
I just install on my device a program called itools which give me imformation about the backup files and i can browse them by it.
The problem is the backup file is 2.3 GB only !!!
so this means there is some thing wrong with the backup and it did not take a full back up , which suppose be a full taken by the ituns.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 10:06 AM (in response to Dr.nuna)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 10:14 AM (in response to Diavonex)
i did not make sure they transfer or not but what im sure about it i wated more than 40 min till the ituns finish the backup immediatly after i connected to the computer , then i made the upgrade.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 10:20 AM (in response to Dr.nuna)
A backup of your iPad will back up
-apps and app data
-photos and videos *on your camera roll*
-Text messages and a few other things
It does not back up:
-Music, videos, or other media
-Pictures and videos outside of the Camera Roll.
These things would have to be backed up from your computer (eg, with Time Machine), and then restored by syncing *after* the restore of the iPad backup.
If they were purchased from iTunes, they can be redownloaded, if they are not on the computer.