Skip navigation

Anyone know how to setup and automount /Network/Library

425 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 12:52 PM by Erich Wetzel RSS
Erich Wetzel Level 2 Level 2 (265 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 29, 2013 10:50 AM

Does anyone know how to setup a shared library to share fonts etc on a 10.8 server and then set clients to automount it?

I know this has come up before but wanted to see if anyone made headway on it.

In the past we were able to set up the shared network library on the server and clients easily with just a couple of selections in the admin GUI but that ability appears to be gone. I am not looking for a workaround since I have already put all items which I used to have in the shared library onto each of our clients manually as a workaround.

Thanks.

OS X Server
  • gracoat Level 3 Level 3 (645 points)

In Workgroup Manager, select the computer that you want to have the automount happen on, assuming it's bounds to the server.

Mount the share in question on the computer that has workgroup manager.  (unfortunately you can't have WGM do this step on the same computer that is sharing the ... ...share...)

Open Workgroup Manager.

Select the Preferences button.

Click the "Login" button.

Click the Items button.

Select Always.

Click the + button.

Select the share you want to automount.

Click Okay

Select the share in the list.

Put a check mark in the box that says, "Authenticate selected share point with user's login name and password."

Click Apply Now.

Hope that helps!

-Graham

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.