Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re installing Lion via internet - Has anyone actually done it?

Trying to clean install Lion with recovery mode but it says it's gonna take 122 hours! I don't live in a city but I thought my connection was pretty fast, 10 - 12mbs ( which is 10x faster than where I live! ) I've seen progress bars that start out at days before but soon drop down to hours, but after 30 mins this one hasn't even started!

I can't see how this could be normal, let alone easier than putting a disc in the machine.

any ideas please!!

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:55 AM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2013 3:11 PM in response to Clive P.

If your connection is that slow, I would suggest that you stop in at your nearest Apple store and ask them to download it for you using their fast connection. Bring your Mac or possibly a flash drive and have them download the installer (I believe that would work, but have not tried it myself). If on a flash drive, simply copy the installer into your applications folder on the Mac and run it from there.

The flash drive method may not work if you are trying to download/install for the first time since you need your Apple ID to make everything work; in that case, you will need to take your Mac in and have it downloaded to that machine directly using your own Apple ID.

re installing Lion via internet - Has anyone actually done it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.