Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update 5.2 stuck 3/4 way through Preparing Update...

It's been stuck about 3/4 way through the 'Preparing update Step 1 of 2" bit for a good hour now. Any suggestions as to what to do?

It says don't unplug, but I'm going to have to at some point aren't I?

ATV2 here.

AppleTV 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 1:37 PM

It took my Apple TV close to 3+ hours to update last night. I started it and after about an hour it seemed just stuck. Read online people were having very slow updates and left it alone. Went to bed at 11:30pm and around 12:30am awoke and it was in screensaver mode; so it had rebooted. Checked it in the morning and the update went through. But it essentially took all night.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2013 1:37 PM in response to fk23

It took my Apple TV close to 3+ hours to update last night. I started it and after about an hour it seemed just stuck. Read online people were having very slow updates and left it alone. Went to bed at 11:30pm and around 12:30am awoke and it was in screensaver mode; so it had rebooted. Checked it in the morning and the update went through. But it essentially took all night.

Update 5.2 stuck 3/4 way through Preparing Update...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.