Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name displayed in emails from all caps using outlook

When I send emails using Outlook from my ipad my name is in all caps & looks like I'm yelling!! This doesn't happen with emails sent from my Kobo Vox or my PC. I've been through settings, mail, etc. and can't even see where my display name is entered in the first place, so how do I change it?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 2:55 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2013 3:29 PM in response to Dmolly999

Are you talking about your name as being part of the email address that you use and the name is in all Caps in that? If it is, go to the contacts app and see if you are listed in the app, and change the email address in there.

If you mean in your signature in your emails go to Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>Mail>Signature and see if your name is capitalized in there.

A long shot but .... One other place that you can check is in Settings>General>Keyboard>Shorcuts. You may have created a keyboard shortcut for your name in all caps.

Jan 29, 2013 5:25 PM in response to Demo

Shoot - none of your suggestions worked. No to your 1st point (I mean my name that is displayed to the person receiving my e-mail); re: your 2nd point my name doesn't even show up there - just a box saying "sent from my ipad" which shows up at the bottom of each email I send; & nothing in shortcuts.... I'm trying to figure out if this is an ipad problem, or a problem with my email service provider (Shaw) or a problem with an Outlook setting that I might have to change on my PC? Thanks for trying to help!!

Aug 29, 2013 1:09 PM in response to Demo

THanks for your input, Demo,

This didn't work for me and I have the same annoying CAPS issue. After I delete my name in the prefs, (which is spelled in lower case already) It remains an upper case ghost image of my name. No matter what I do, I cannot erase this ghost image. I have also gone into my Address book, where the name was in caps, and I have no idea how it got there, but it has my email photo icon and nothing else on that address.

By the way, I am doing this in iCloud.

This issue occured after upgrading to 10.8.2

Any other ideas?

TIA,

Rich

How do I change the name displayed in emails from all caps using outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.