Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with manipulating PDF images in Keynote

Hi,

I am using LaTeXiT to insert equations (in PDF format) into Keynote. Note this is the only vector format that really works. Creating equations and dragging them onto a slide works fine, but then it is difficult to select and manipulate them on the slide.

I have inserted other PDF images and run into the same problems, so it seems that this is a bug with Keynote. I have tried to reinstall Keynote but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:17 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2013 6:47 AM in response to abrinkmeyer

it is difficult to select and manipulate them on the slide.

What exactly is the difficulty are you haveing?

The only adjustments you can make to a PDF file placed in Keynote is to position and size the image.

If you click on the image to select it, 8 bounding box handles will show, ( small black squares ) you can then click and drag them to resize. Click anywhere on the image to place it anywhere on the screen.

Jan 31, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Gary Scotland

The problem I'm having is actually selecting and moving the image. It takes multiple tries to select the image (to make the box handles appear), and when I click again to drag the image the handles disappear.

On the other hand drawing a box around the object allows the box handles to appear, and I am able to move the object with the arrow keys, yet it is not possible to click and drag.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Problem with manipulating PDF images in Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.