Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost "on my mac" contacts & calendar -they show as in icloud only - how can I get back "on my mac" as well

Somehow I lost the heading "on my mac" in both contacts and calendar... they show as on icloud only - how can I get back "on my mac" as well. I would feel more comfortable having them "LOCAL" and "CLOUD" - THNX😟

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), mac book 13 inch stainless steel color

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:47 PM

8 replies

Jan 29, 2013 5:12 PM in response to Csound1

I did not set up my "mail" with icloud -

The only issues are the disapearance of "on my mac" for calendar and contacts - the headings say "iCloud" --- I had both ..."on my mac" and "icloud" contacts... icloud was at the bottom following the "on my mac list" -

I am fearful of losing my contacts and my calendars.... is there anything I have to be careful NOT TO DO?

Sep 18, 2013 8:54 AM in response to caninemiss

To move iCloud calendars to 'On My Mac' please follow the second set of numbered instructions here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmovecalendars.html

Obviously once done the calendars will no longer appear in iCloud.

To move Contacts please see Winston's post:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3645725?answerId=17264939022#17264939022

but reversing what he says so that you export from 'iCloud' and import into 'On My Mac'.

Sep 18, 2013 9:02 AM in response to Csound1

Sorry, I was trying to follow the exact instructions you had posted above to solve a similar problem. When I switched to icloud and my calendars merged, I now have duplicates of all my events that are older than a couple of months... recent events and going forward are not duplicated. The more problematic is that NONE of the events older than two months are showing up on my iphone 4S. In trouble shooting I found instructions and was trying to get the "on my mac" calendars back. So I came accross your suggestion above. Maybe this does not apply to me.

lost "on my mac" contacts & calendar -they show as in icloud only - how can I get back "on my mac" as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.