Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use Mail for gmail pop (see details)

I have spent the last twi days trying to get Mail configured for Pop and have succeeded as far as i can tell. The Account is filled out as ll the "help" indicates including slection of pop.gmail.com and I did use the option key for continue aand selection of pop.

But, that said, and having done this for three of my accounts .. Click take all accounts online and the gear turns incessantly but finally get the ~ indicating not online or noit connected.

I have checked and rechecked both the gmail which does receive the emails and the Mail accounts which DO NOT.

I really need to use POP instead of IMAP and have been able to with a cable account and with att.net (yahoo).

I would most sincerely appreciate your help. I did help several otheres by telling them of the use of the Option keu to gt past the Create and default imap.

ed

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 5:23 PM

10 replies

Jan 30, 2013 12:26 PM in response to Csound1

Reponse was a lengthy but not meaningful reple ending in [-z tos} mcast-group

I am able to gt the accounts working on my Macbook, iPad and iPhone, so something is wrong with the 2011 27" iMac.

I have checked the set ups so many times I find it hard to believe i missed something, but will go at it again.

Any ideas?

Really appreciate your help, you obviously are qualified.

ed

PS: I've talked with Applecare but they say it is a gmail problem and ....

Can't use Mail for gmail pop (see details)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.