Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new 13 macbook pro with 4gb and would like to get aperture 3.4.3. Will it require too much ram for my computer? Thanks

I just bought a macbook pro 13" with 4gb and would like to get aperture on it. Will aperture require too much ram for my computer? Thanks for any support.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 5:23 PM

4 replies

Jan 30, 2013 10:24 AM in response to blake579

I just bought a macbook pro 13" with 4gb

I have been using Aperture on such a system, and it was o.k. with Snowleopard and moderately sized images. After I upgraded to Lion and started to user larger image files - 30 MB tiffs, I saw the occasional beachball spinning. You should be prepared to quit other applications that will hog the RAM (like Safari), when working with Aperture on Lion or Mt. Lion with only 4 GB. If you can, follow Frank Caggiano's recommendation and upgrade to 8GB. It will make a large difference.

Regards

Léonie

I bought a new 13 macbook pro with 4gb and would like to get aperture 3.4.3. Will it require too much ram for my computer? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.