Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password won't save after iOS 6.1 update

I updated my iphone 5 to ios 6.1 and now imessage won't save my password. After the update, I kept being asked to enter my Apple ID password. Each time I would enter the password and 30 seconds later the dialog would pop up again. After entering it one time I quickly navigated to Settings and discovered that my AppleID password was missing from Messages. I entered it there and that stopped the dialog box from popping up.

Later I had to shut down and restart my phone so iTunes would recognize it. After it booted up the recurring Apple ID dialog box started popping up again.

How can I stop this from happening?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1, 64GB

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 5:26 PM

11 replies

Jan 30, 2013 10:33 AM in response to Tsaxman

I'm unfortunately in exactly the same situation. Following update to 6.1 on my iPhone 5, I'm prompted every 10 seconds to enter my iTunes password if I re-enable iMessage logged in as my iTunes account rather than phone number.

I have not found a way to make it stop prompting so iMessage is currently not useable by me. This is quite frustrating, Apple's standards have been on a rapid decline for some time. I'm at the point now where I'm reluctant to install updates when they come out due to the frequent regressions such as this I've encountered.

If anyone has a solution, I'd love to know.

Feb 10, 2013 7:06 PM in response to Tsaxman

So, if you do just keep trying, eventually the iTunes sign in for iMessage will take. However, when it does, it disconnects your iTunes account from FaceTime! Repeatedly try to use your account for FaceTime and it too will eventually take, and disables your account for iMessage! OMG. Did Apple fire all of their QA team? What is happening here?

password won't save after iOS 6.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.