Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import to newly created folder (Aperture 3.4.3)

I have created a folder within a project in Aperture 3.4.3 (like I've done a hundred times). Aperture sees the folder but when I select "Import", the new folder (but not my other folders) "grays out" preventing me from importing to it.

Has anybody else seen this? How do I fix it?

Please help! My pictures are backing up on my camera.

Thanks,

Brian

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Safari 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 6:34 PM

You don't really import into a folder. When you select a folder to import into the images are actually going into the project attached to the folder set in the Project Name box.

Projects can't contain projects so if the folder is under a project Aperture can't make a new project in that folder, hence it is not selectable.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2013 6:34 PM in response to Brian 1986

You don't really import into a folder. When you select a folder to import into the images are actually going into the project attached to the folder set in the Project Name box.

Projects can't contain projects so if the folder is under a project Aperture can't make a new project in that folder, hence it is not selectable.

Can't import to newly created folder (Aperture 3.4.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.