Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HEEELLPP MEE PLEASE I AM DESPERATE !!!

I have an ipad 2 16GB it is filled with pictures it has 1,100 in the camera roll and 3,000 more synced to it i am trying to take those pictures and sync them all to me laptop how do i do that because when i try to use it as a driver i get so many folders and I have added the pictures and videos up from all the folders in the driver mode and it doesnt add up to the amount of pictures and videos it says i have in the settings. I want to uplad them they are hogging so much space in my ipad and i even tried bcking up and when i did it finished it and i cant find the backup I dont know where to look for it at all ! and the windows programs for downloading the photos dont work because it doesnt find all of the pictures ! help me !

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 7:25 PM

3 replies

Jan 29, 2013 9:44 PM in response to kingac_2

To copy photos to your computer that were taken with the iPad, copied to it via the camera connection kit, or saved from emails/websites then see this page - on a PC you can use the windows camera wizard

To copy photos that were originally synced from a computer you will need a third-party app on your iPad such as Simple Transfer which can copy them off via your wifi network. But as photos are 'optimised' when they are synced to the iPad, any that you then copy back to a computer may not be exactly the same as they originally were on your computer.

In terms of the location of the backup, then it should be stored under :

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and clickOK.
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press theReturn key.

But it doesn't contain photos that were synced from a computer, and you probably won't be able to make much sense of the backup unless you restore it onto a device, it will just be a series of files.

HEEELLPP MEE PLEASE I AM DESPERATE !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.