Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having sever latency issues on Logic 9 through the built-in input (despite having no plugins active and 32 bit buffer size selected)

I'm literally running a guitar straight into my computer (no plugins, no interface, just the "built-in input" on my macbook) and there's a LOT of latency. I'm very experienced with Logic and pro-audio (I have logic on my other computer and it works fine) but for some reason there's a ton of delay on my signal. NO idea where to start with this one. I've examined every option within Logic and nothing seems to be helping. I've changed every parameter, including buffer size, disabling and reenabling core audio, and low-latency mode, but nothing has worked.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, I'm using a late 2011 15" Macbook (Quad core, 4 GB ram)

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:40 PM

6 replies

Jan 29, 2013 10:26 PM in response to Pancenter

Yes I am fully aware, I just threw that out there so anyone reading wouldn't ask if I'd examined that option. I've restarted Logic, restarted my computer, tried several different buffer sizes, tried different in/out options, tried all parameter options within those tabs, set them back to standard defaults, etc. Nothing changes. I also just tried garageband... same issue. I have a bad feeling it has nothing to do with my software at this point. Maybe my computer's audio driver or something along the lines of. Not really sure what I should do about it.

Jan 29, 2013 11:00 PM in response to nickloiacono

Never heard of this before... what are you using for output in Logic's Audio Prefs?

Are you on 10.7.5 as you signature says? There is a supplemental update for early builds of 10.7.5 that were released.

Take a look at the Audio portion the "Audio-MIDI Setup" in Utilities.

Bit-depth, sample frequency? Try it at 16-bit 44.1kHz. Is Logic set to the same?

What kind of cable are you using to get the guitar into Logic, the Mac audio input jack is multifunction, could you be partially enabling the digital I/O.

just tossing some ideas..

I'm having sever latency issues on Logic 9 through the built-in input (despite having no plugins active and 32 bit buffer size selected)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.