Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay and Remote no longer working after 6.1 update.

After updating my Apple TV to iOS 6.1 I am no longer able to connect to it via AirPlay (from iPad or iTunes) or even control it with Remote.app on my iPad.

After hard restarting it (by unplugging it) I am able to, until it goes to sleep, after which it becomes unreacheable, and remains so even after being awoken by the physical Apple remote.

What is going on?

Please fix this soon, Apple!

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:55 PM

8 replies

Jan 30, 2013 10:15 PM in response to Bohnpg

Same issue...

Just updated my iPhone 5 this morning, and then whilst out I bought the latest AppleTV (only so I'd get AirPlay compatibility). Brought it home and updated it.

Note I've made sure ATV & iPhone are on the same WiFi network. Have enabled sharing on my MacBook iTunes (not that I'm sure you need this for airplay). I terms of trying air play from MacBook to ATV I haven't found out a way to do this yet, however it might be because I've never done it before and haven't found the write button to click...

Then I could NOT work out how to get airplay working in any form from my iPhone to ATV. Also tried AppleRemote IOS app as I noted an update came through but I haven't got that working either.

Will monitor this thread and hopefully someone can give advice/workaround.

Jan 30, 2013 10:51 PM in response to FirePhantom

Restarting the router may only work initially, much like I pointed out that hard restarting my ATV worked initially only until it went to sleep again, after which it went back to not working.

I personally have restarted my router twice since this AirPlay/Remote problem started, for unrelated reasons (my internet connection dropping out), and it didn't help.

However, I have found that setting the ATV to automatic IP configuration seems to fix the problem. But that's not much of a fix considering I need to have it manually set to a specific IP address.

The problem is clearly in the Apple TV, not people's routers. It only started after the last update, and it's wide-spread as evidenced by the growning number of threads and posts about this and various related issues.

AirPlay and Remote no longer working after 6.1 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.