Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring from AT&T to Verizon--Lost Ability to Access Data

Hi,

I recently purchased a Verizon iPhone 5. I was using an iPhone 4, on AT&T. When I restore from a previous backup, I lose the ability to connect to the Verizon LTE/3G Network, getting a "You are not subscribed to a cellular service." I tried restoring from both a recent backup and a prior. Also, this is happening on both my mother's phone and mine, we have different computers. We have tried new hardware and a new SIM cards.

Airplane mode flick on/off; resetting network settings; none of it works unless I do a factory reset, in which case I'm back to square one.

I can use my iCloud to get my contacts, but I'm trying to get all of my photos/sms's back too.

iOS, 6.02 or 6.1, depending on the phone.

Thanks for your help,

-dave

iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 9:57 PM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2013 10:06 PM in response to daviejoe

I am going to ignore "We have tried new hardware and a new SIM card", because I don't understand it in your context.

With that in mind, I would think you could do Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings on your iPhone 5 with its Verizon SIM, set it up as new, and then sync manually to iTunes to recover your iPhone 4 stuff.

Here's how to manually sync.

User uploaded file

Jan 30, 2013 5:26 PM in response to KiltedTim

you're right I ported my number too.

I dont know either way about the implication of changing the # and restoring onto a new phone. But my guess is - if its properly implemented, everything should restore just like before except something tied to the # like messages (sms). imessages should still be there if you have used the same apple id?

btw Kiltedtim: my take between att and verizon - you're missing out on so much by sticking with att! not to mention no locked phones since the iphone 5, global lte bands, everywhere LTE coverage, etc etc.

Restoring from AT&T to Verizon--Lost Ability to Access Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.