Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery on iPod Touch 4th Gen. draining too quickly.

The battery on my iPod Touch suddenly started draining even when I am not using it. This has only happened in the past few days. Before the battery would last all day, even with heavy usage, and I hardly ever reached low battery. I charge it every night. Yesterday I got a low battery warning, even though I didn't use it much and when I did, I was listening to music with the display off, which normally requires very little battery power. Today at the end of the day I tried to turn it on, only to discover that the battery had drained completely while it was merely sitting in my pocket. What is going on, and what can I do?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:25 PM

you may want to consider downgrading to iOS 6.0.1 to fix this problem before apple stops signing 6.0.1. This problem is recurrent in iOS 6.1

As an Apple Developer, i can assist you in fixing this problem. Search the web for the iPod4,1_6.0.1_10A523_restore.ipsw

Download it then save it to the desktop.

Open iTunes and connect the device. You can then go to the device summary and [on mac hold OPTION and click update, or on PC hold Control+shift and click update] this should allow you to manually select an ipsw to update to. Search for and click on the iOS 6.0.1 ipsw and proceed to update which will actualy downgrade your device to the pointed software, consequently, fixing your battery bug. You may also consider draining the battery fully and then recharging it all the way, but UNPLUG it when the device is fully charged. Overcharging has potentially deadly effects on the battery of the device.

if you have any questions on my reply or future issues, feel free to send me a message at austindean91@me.com, and i will happily assist you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2013 11:25 PM in response to Fire Fairy

you may want to consider downgrading to iOS 6.0.1 to fix this problem before apple stops signing 6.0.1. This problem is recurrent in iOS 6.1

As an Apple Developer, i can assist you in fixing this problem. Search the web for the iPod4,1_6.0.1_10A523_restore.ipsw

Download it then save it to the desktop.

Open iTunes and connect the device. You can then go to the device summary and [on mac hold OPTION and click update, or on PC hold Control+shift and click update] this should allow you to manually select an ipsw to update to. Search for and click on the iOS 6.0.1 ipsw and proceed to update which will actualy downgrade your device to the pointed software, consequently, fixing your battery bug. You may also consider draining the battery fully and then recharging it all the way, but UNPLUG it when the device is fully charged. Overcharging has potentially deadly effects on the battery of the device.

if you have any questions on my reply or future issues, feel free to send me a message at austindean91@me.com, and i will happily assist you.

Jan 30, 2013 5:06 PM in response to AlaskaAustin

This problem actual happened with 6.0.1, and right after I posted this I got the notification for the update to 6.1. I'm waiting to see if it will still be a problem now that I've upgraded it. If it's still a problem, then I'll try your solution. Also, I keep my iPod plugged in while I sleep, so I have no way of knowing when it's fully charged. I'll try to not leave it plugged in when it's fully charged, though. Thanks for the advice.

Battery on iPod Touch 4th Gen. draining too quickly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.