Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I use match to get music from my ipod to my new computer

I just purchased a new MacBook Air and I have an Ipod Touch 64G. I was wondering if I joined Match will I be able to get the music from my Ipod on to icloud or does the music need to be on a computer to get it to icloud?

As I don't have a backup of my music I am not able to get the music onto my new Macbook Air. I was wondering if I could use Match to be able to access some of my music on my new Macbook Air.

iPod touch, iOS 6, Macbook Air Match

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:03 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Instead of using iTunes Match, you can use an application like Senuti to transfer your non-purchased songs from your iPod to iTunes. See > http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

4 replies

Jan 29, 2013 11:11 PM in response to milkthebasic

In that case, you can use iTunes Match to upload all your songs to iCloud. In that case, your music won't take any storage on your Mac and your iPod, and you will save storage. To purchase iTunes Match > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4914

I told you to use Senuti to save the money that iTunes Match costs, but as you want to save storage, you can use iTunes Match. Note that you will have to connect your Mac and iPod to the Internet when you want to listen to music

Jan 30, 2013 12:40 AM in response to milkthebasic

Hi,

You cannot upload music from your iPod touch to the cloud using match. Your music needs to be in your iTunes library on your computer. Match scans your library and matches or uploaded you music as appropriate. Once match process is complete you can turn on match on your iPod. I have read that this may delete all music on your iPod but I have no experience of this.

Jim

can I use match to get music from my ipod to my new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.